Founded in 2001, FENU is guided by the Millennium development goals.
FENU’s identity is rooted in its commitment to ensuring a meaningful, respectful and valuable education for all people in Uganda. FENU aims to play a lead role in articulating the interests and expectations for a quality and equitable education for all.
We seek a Uganda, where injustices in education policy and delivery have been overcome hence; “Sustainable Quality Education for All”.
FENU works to improve quality, access, equity, and sustainability of education for all; drawing strengths from its national diversity, and strategic linkages with civil society and private sector, to facilitate and influence lasting change in the education sector.
- Mutual Respect: We affirm the inherent capacity and contribution of community institutions, international agencies, donors, and our member organisations.
- Solidarity: Our commitment is grounded in standing up for the rights to a full and empowering education for all
- Integrity: We act candidly and transparently in all the work we do, and accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions
- Freedom from Control: We work independently of any religious, political or any other ideological affiliation or any other interests (overt or otherwise) so as to equitably serve the cause of education in Uganda
- Excellence: We invariably challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance to achieve greater impact